Pages

Friday, October 16, 2009

Day Off and Prayer

I took the day off. It was much needed. I needed a break. I stayed at school until 6:45 last night and have been putting in some long hours!

I had a dentist appointment this morning to have some cavities filled. My dentist was singing to the music on the loudspeaker and talking about what he was going to have for lunch. He is a funny guy and took my mind off the horrible drill. I got through it. The dental hygenist was really sweet and I got to talk to her about her kids and when she had her appendix out a few weeks ago. I really enjoy conversations like that.

I came home and have been doing housework and errands. I decided to sit down and relax for a bit. :)

I would appreciate prayer for my Grandma. She is near the end of her life. My uncles and aunts have gathered around her this week. She is very frail. Please pray for her mind right now. I don't even know what it would be like to be in her situation. She knows she is near the end of this life and is going to the next life. I know she is ready and looking forward to it, but the process of getting there is tough. I think it is almost like childbearing (not that I have any kids). There is a hope, but a fear in how the process will go. There has to be pain in order for joy to be revealed. Please pray that she would bear up under the pain well.

I love her and I want the best for her. I'm going to miss her.

2nd Corinthians 4:16-18 (ESV)
16 So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. 17 For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, 18 as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.

Zephaniah 3:17 (ESV)

17 The Lord your God is in your midst,a mighty one who will save;he will rejoice over you with gladness;he will quiet you by his love;he will exult over you with loud singing.


Grandma and I



Grandma and the Harfoots

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...