Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Music Week- Shane and Shane

Ok, so this is the last post about music. I am kinda sad. I didn't even get to show my other likes- like the Flyleaf, Addison Road genre or the learned love for brass and classical music (thanks Jason and Dad). I think I have learned about myself that I have a love for good country and heartfelt acoustic music.

Shane and Shane. I bought my first cd when it was just Shane. Barnard. I was in high school. A lot of the people who discipled me in high school were Texas A&M grads who were friends or acquaintances with this guy- Shane Barnard. They all bought his cd when it was first released and I eventually bought my own- Rocks Won't Cry (with some Caleb Carruth collaborations on it). I took it with me to college. This is when the Shane started to tour with Shane Everett. They were from Texas and newly out of college, so they made music and toured the Texas college circuit. I must have seen them in concert 10 times in college- in Denton visiting a friend, at Island Party in A&M, at christian college student conferences, and so many churches in small towns.

Side note- I remember when I got my first job- I attended a job fair in Ft. Worth at the conference center. There were over 100 Dallas/Ft. Worth school districts represented. I was a little overwhelmed and spent more time praying than brushing up on my interview techniques. I walked into the huge conference center and realized I had met with God here before-- at a Christian conference where Shane and Shane had performed. I felt a huge weight lifted off of me. It was as if God was saying- I got this. I know what you a need and I care about you. Just be yourself and trust me. I interviewed with over 20 districts and got a job the next week. I think God was all in that. :)

Back to Shane and Shane- I bought all their cds for like $10 bucks a pop and enjoyed them throughout college. When I met Jason, he was just getting into Shane and Shane. He is a music major and he said it was the best Christian music he had ever heard. He likes all the instruments and harmonies and things. Shane and Shane is our favorite group between the 2 of us- Jason and I. When they come out with a new cd- we wear it out.

Now the Shanes live in Dallas where they have their own recording studio. They are both married (one to Bethany Dillon) and the Everetts have a little girl. So sweet. I hope they produce and record music for a long time. They have a gift.


Lyrics for Vision of You which is video 2.

Come meet us, King Jesus.
Oh wind of change blow through this temple.
Sweet spirit of God, come and mend our hearts.
For all we have are songs. Unless you come.

Awaken what's inside of me.
Tune my heart to all You are in me.
Even though you're here, God come.
May the vision of You be the death of me.
and even though You've given everything.
Jesus come!

Come free us, King Jesus.
Its the only way that freedom is given.
From you and you alone in the work You've already done.
All we have are songs, unless You come.

Awaken what's inside of me.
Tune my heart to all You are in me.
Even though you're here, God come.
May the vision of You be the death of me.
and even though You've given everything.
Jesus come!

Here we are, Lord, in this place.
Crying out for Your embrace.
To hear Your voice more than songs.



Awaken what's inside of me.
Tune my heart to all You are in me.
Even though you're here, God come.
May the vision of You be the death of me.
and even though You've given everything.
Jesus come!


Videos.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...