Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How We Met- part 1

In honor of Valentines Day I thought I would tell Jason and I's story of how we met. It's something that always comes up when I make new friends. Besides, who doesn't love a love story?

I was finishing my Sophomore year in college. I had just finished a year where I lived with all my best friends on the same floor of Steen Hall. We were very tightknit. But, we were all leaving each other for the summer. During the year, there had been a few bad break ups for my friends and I recall thinking and even confiding in my roomate/best friend that I thought I would never get married. I told her I would be fine not being married and didn't see it happening for me.

I had had one boyfriend in 8th grade. I saw him mabye 5 times and he broke up with me on the phone- breaking my heart. I know very lame and middle schoolish. Don't get me wrong- it's not like I didn't have guys interested. I just was never interested in them. It would always be a guy I was friends with who would ask me out. Someone who I didn't feel any thing for or see any future with.

I decided to go on an adventure that summer. I had spent the previous summer being a camp counselor with my brother and had a great time. Although I did not want to do that again, I did want to do something just as adventurous and meaningful. I was involved in Campus Crusade for Christ. I was encouraged to go on a summer project. They are all over the US. 50 college kids from all different colleges come together to share Christ with people in touristy areas during the summer. My destination was Branson, MO. Touristy site- check. College kids- check. Meaningful summer investing in eternity- check. After raising $2200 is support, I was on my way.

Little did I know, I would meet my husband that summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...