Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Lemon Drop Cupcakes

So, there is a rumor in Charlottesville that if you are wanting to go into labor you can try this unconventional method. There is a cupcake shop in town called Cappellino's Crazy Cakes. They sell Lemon Drop Cupcakes. If you are pregnant and past your due date, the lemon drop cupcake can help to start your labor.

I met Jason downtown today and we had lunch together. After lunch we were joking about getting a lemon cupcake. So, we decided to go for it. :) We walked down to Cappellino's and they were very busy today. They seemed to be out of lemon drop cupcakes. The lady behind the counter asked how she could help me and I asked if they had any more lemon drop cupcakes. She smiled and said, "When are you due?" She and I laughed. She went on to say that she knows of 16 women who have been past their due date and ate one of the cupcakes and went into labor within 24 hours of eating one. She said one lady ate one and an hour later, her water broke. I asked if there was anything special in them. She said not that she knew of- just lemon juice. They gave me the cupcake on the house and asked me to keep them posted on how everything turned out.

Jason and I went back to his office and ate our dessert. It's been an hour and nothing has happened. I will let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...