Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Love is like fire

Our little family is proving to be quite the attraction. People want to be close to us, to watch us, to enjoy our warmth-- like a fire. Just like a marriage is undoubtedly a picture of the gospel- Christ and His church, a family is a picture of the gospel.

The gospel- the good news about Jesus. He loves us-- like we love Ethan. He is so patient and tender towards us. He delights in us. I can't tell you have many moments we have spent just admiring Ethan and enjoying his little personality. He is such a delight. God loves us and is the best Father we could ever have. Jason is doing his best to be a great Dad and I am doing my best to be a great mom. To love Ethan the way God loves us.

I've heard people say they would do anything for their kids- even throw themselves in front of a moving train to save their life. I can honestly say that Jesus did that for me. He threw Himself in front of me to protect me from sin and death. He did everything for me.

Everytime I hear that song- your love is like fire, that burns for all to see. This is my desire, to worship at your feet. Let this fire consume my life. Let your love take me deeper, draw me closer to where you are. All I want is more of you. I think of our family. I pray that this is true of our family. That we would see God clearly for who He is and put Him first.

John 15:12-13
My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.
Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...