Pages

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Is it just about being happy?

I had a conversation with some ladies this week. They are all going through different things in their lives that are challenging or difficult. They kept saying-- just as long as you are happy, or it's just about being happy right?

Now as much as I want to believe that, it's not true. Happy is such a weak word to me. Joy is a much stronger word. Surrender and peace are much stronger.

I think the ladies I talked to want intimacy and truth. I don't know that they realize that. I could see it very clearly though.I can also see that they are looking for it in things that are guaranteed to fail-- like relationships and independence or self reliance. I admit I struggled with how to say what I see in them and what they really want in a way that shows I care about them and have thought this through. I don't think I am alone in my struggle.

The Christian life is such a paradox
-give up everything you have and I will give you more than you can imagine...
-love your enemies and allow Me to get revenge
- forgive others even if they have wronged you because you will be forgiven
- love even when it's tough for you because I love you more than anyone else could
- bear all things and you will see more of who the I am is
- less of your sin and more of Jesus' perfection
Italics being YHWH-- the Great I AM.

As true and unswerving as all of these things are in my life, sometimes it is hard for me to communicate this to other people. I definitley war with my flesh-- what will they think, how will they see me? The second question is definitely a bad one.

1st cor 1:18 For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

I'm definitely working out my salvation on this one. God is so good to me even in my weakness. I just pray that I struggle well.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...