Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Some of God's Greatest Gifts are Unanswered Prayers

The title may lead you a little astray, but I have been thinking about so many of my prayers that have been boldy and blatantly answered by God lately. I thought I would share. My heart is overwhelmed with how much God really cares for my every need....

4 people have inquired about taking my long term sub position- 3 of which I know personally and would be fabulous

I'm pregnant!

Very specific situations at work have been made better and more glorifying to God

Jason is a deacon of finance (one of his dreams)

My good friend Dana is pregnant and due soon ( we had been praying for a long time for pregnancy together)

Some family members are being drawn closer to Christ in the most unexpected ways

Our friends who have been missionaries in the 10/40 window were able to come back to the states and find a job working with the same nationality of people in America while they persue a degree that would help them to go back and do a better job - and God is providing for their every need

There are still a lot of prayers that I have. These are just a few that have been constant in my life for the last year or two that have been answered. I am so encouraged. I know that some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers because they stretch me to wrestle with - why am I asking? Is this what God would want? What is God calling me to do in this? What does scripture say about this? And they force me to rely on my Savior for things- that I know are only possible with Him.

Jude 24-25
 Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...