Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Proud of my Momma!

My mom is one of my good friends. We have been through a lot together. Divorce. Pain. Hardship. Good times. Marriage.

She has been working for 10 years on her own to earn a college degree. My mom is smart enough to have a PhD, but life has not dealt her the fortune of having the time or money to get that kind of schooling. She had her college career interrupted by marriage, children, divorce, single parenthood, grueling work hours, family drama, remarriage, and raising a teenage girl. When I was in high school, Mom finally made some time for herself and decided she wanted to go back to school. She works for ExxonMobil and has a great job. She just wanted to finish what she started after high school.

She has been taking weekend classes for the last 10 years and will graduate this December! I am so proud of her. Her degree is in business management. At 57, she has 8 years to put her degree to use...if she wants to. It will be fun to see what she does with it. Regardless, I am so proud of her finishing and I can't wait to see her graduate. Go Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...