Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Night Shuffle

I am about to hit the sack--but am tempted to stay up for another hour- because I will be getting up then to feed Ethan again. I am so thankful this season is just that... a season. We had dinner with some friends tonight who have an 8 year old and a 5 year old. How sweet was it to have them admire Ethan? They loved and loved on him. When Ethan sneezed on the 5 year old, he jumped up and yelled how disgusting it was that the baby had just sneezed all over the place. Then, he wanted to show the baby his room. :) Too cute.

Here begins the nightly shuffle. Up at 1 am, up at 4 am, up at 7am. Shuffle, shuffle, shuffle. How sweet it is to know that Jesus shuffles for me. Constantly interceding on mine and the church's behalf. I am so loved by such an amazing God. I hope that this truth helps me to keep going and not succumb to feeling sorry for myself and my nightly shuffle. :)

Ethan, I hope that one day you will understand how much you are loved and cared for. Your mommy and daddy would do anything to keep you safe and show you love. I hope that you understand that. I hope that one day you understand God's love and that you see a glimpse of it in our love for you. That's why we shuffle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...