Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

The Art of Cooking

When Jason and I got married, we made a list of all the things that we both like for dinner.

Chili
Tacos
Shake n Bake chicken w/ mac and cheese
pork chop potatoes
hamburgers
calzones
spaghetti
stir fry
sloppy joes
breakfast food
buffalo wings

It was a sad list. Over our last year of marriage, I have tried to vamp up the list to more healthy and from scratch type dishes.With a little help from Cook's Illustrated and some friends, our list is a little more diverse today.

tostadas with grilled veggies and homemade refried beans
spare ribs with homemade bbq sauce
Curry Chicken
homemade buttermilk biscuits
homemade chicken noodle soup
strip steak with corn and black bean salad
creamy orzo pasta with tomatoes, peas, and parmesean


There are  more, but you get the idea. My newest recipe has come from Giada (Food Network) and it is meatballs. I combined it with a Cook's Illustrated recipe of Romano Cheese Pasta. It was so yummy!






Ok, so I took the pictures after we had eaten, but I can assure you it was delish!

Ethan cuteness sidenote: When we eat, I usually say mmmm applesauce or mmmm yummy food. Now when he sees us eating or food that he wants to eat he says mmmmmmm and smiles.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...