Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Anniversary, what is that?

This is how our anniversary went. We went to Gettysburg-- as part of our vacation-- and about lunchtime my Dad calls. The first thing out of his mouth is "Happy Anniversary!" I said, "Is that today?" We both cracked up laughing. Jason and I had not even thought about it once that day so far. Hilarious.

We have been married for 4 years. I can't believe that it has been 4 years. That is how long high school or college is. It's an era, a milestone, at least for this 26 year old!

We spent the day at Gettysburg and then drove to Litiz, PA where Jason's cousins live. We hung out with them that night and spent the night at their place before heading out to Phillie the next day. That was the best part of the trip. They are really wonderful people.

Some of my favorite memories from our wedding are:

When Molly, my attendant and dear friend, chewed out the florist for bringing me the wrong color bouquet. It was a potential disaster (at least it felt like it at the time). She told him he had better bring a new one or else! And he showed up right before the ceremony with a new bouquet. She can get things done. :)

When I almost forgot to kiss Jason at the end of the ceremony. He had to pull me in and kiss me. I was so ready to walk down the aisle. We laugh about it now!

Seeing all the people I care about from all different stages of my life in one place. That was really fun! My youth pastor married us, my best friends were all bridesmaids or an attendant, my friend Spring sang, my grandmas were there, all my parents were there. Stan who was on my project to East Asia came, a bunch of Branson project peeps came. It was a great time!

Here is a pic.... We signed an agreement with our photographer saying we would not post any pics to any websites in exchange for a CD with all the pics he took on it. I am a stickler for following the rules. This is a pic Jason's brother took of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...