Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

Blessed

I'd say out of my few years of teaching, year 2 was the best one. It was tough where I taught. That year I worked hard and taught well and I put a lot of myself into it. I still do this, but I think that year I was really learning how to.

Yesterday a student I taught that year friended me on facebook (he is a junior in highschool now). I friended him back and wrote on his wall. Then, he wrote on my wall:"Im doing great! Im a junior and my grades are pretty decent. Just working on getting into college and following the path that God has laid out for me. How about you? Are you still teaching?"


I don't get to see kids have real faith in their life with the age groups I have taught (8th, 6th, and 5th). It seems they are still figuring it out. They haven't been really tested and had to choose what is real or not.

It is so encouraging to see this kid have faith in Jesus. His info talks about his God who died for him and his status today is a praise and worship song.

I can't tell you how much I pray for the kids I teach-- it is a lot. Most of the time it's not even about what is going on with school. I love that God loves this kid and he knows it.  That is an answer to my prayer. I must admit sometimes I doubt when I pray for these kids, because it seems so overwhelming.

Lord, I know you are so big and I know that in my head...but you have shown it to my heart today. Thank you. I know I can put my hope in you and trust you with my life. Thank you for giving me a brother in Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...