Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Integrity

Martin Luther King Jr.--- The ultimate measeure of a man is not where he stands in  moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

So true. This quote challenges me. Does my character change in times of trial or hardship? I was reading Exodus this morning. Moses was telling Pharoah about the Passover that was coming. Pharoah's heart was hardened. It must have been hard in that situation to not completely lose it. To not lie to Pharoah or threaten him with something the Lord had not said. Moses was angry- but I think he should have been.

I had a kid say something ugly about another teacher in my classroom the other day in front of the class. I stopped, corrected him, and told him never to do that again. I then directed our discussion to talking about integrity. Are we people that are trustworthy? Do we talk about someone behind their back?

I think this idea of integrity is so important. Do we have right motivations? Do we have strong character? Can we continue to have this character in the hardest of times? I would argue only with a truly changed heart that is focused on something bigger than this world.

I know this is a random deeper post, but it had been on my heart lately. I am praying that I will be a woman of strong integrity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...