Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

Smack!

John 9:1-3

As he (Jesus) passed by, he saw a man blind from birth. And his disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" Jesus answered, "It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be displayed in him."

Twice I had this preached to me this week. Twice. The first time it stopped me in my tracks, the second time I knew without a doubt it was a word from God to me.

I have been having a private struggle for the last few months. Something I wrestle with-- seemingly out of my control. Why is this the way it is? Why is this the circumstance? Does it have to be this way? What is wrong with me?

I'm sure you've had those moments or even seasons. I have had one lately.

God is speaking to me and giving me a greater vision of the struggle. It's still hard but is starting to become hopeful. Weird how hard things desperately need hope, but can so easily squelch it.

This passage brings hope.

Why is this so hard Lord?

Because I made it that way so my glory can be displayed in you. Don't worry, you'll realize soon enough that I am enough for you. You CAN find joy in this.

2nd Corinthians 12:9-10

But he (Jesus) said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."  Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so the power of Christ may rest upon me.  For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, them I am strong.

Hardship. Joy. I am still learning how those 2 things can go together. But, I am thankful that God loves me enough to try to teach this truth to me.

1 comment:

  1. i heard John 9:1-3 Saturday! Here's another one....

    I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:10-13

    I'm studying Philippians and learning what it means to have joy in my life in the midst of my struggles.

    I'm praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...