Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Dearest

My Dearest Love & Chosen One,

You are the object of my affection,and the joy of relentless pursuit.

You are the reward of my suffering. There is no greater love than my divine love for you.

I was all anguish that you might be all joy, cast off that you might be brought in,

surrendered to hell’s worst that you might attain heaven’s best,

stripped that you might be clothed, wounded that you might be healed,

athirst that you might drink, tourmented that you might be comforted,

made a shame that you might inherit glory, entered darkness that you might have eternal light.

I wept that all your tears might be wiped from by beloved’s eyes,

groaned that you might have a beautiful, endless song, endured all pain that you might have unfading health,

I bore a thorny crown that you might have a crown of glory, bowed my head that yours might be uplifted,

experienced reproach that you might receive welcome,

I closed my eyes in death that you, my love, might gaze on unclouded brightness,

I rose, my bride, that you might forever live.

You are my betrothed, I will return for you without fail.

I have clothed you with the garment of salvation.

I have covered you with the robe of righteousness of the saints.

I long for you to be with me where I am, that you may share in my glory.

I delight & rejoice in the glorious day, when you will be presented before me,

holy & radiant, without stain, wrinkle or blemish, My Eternal Bride.

So, prepare & make yourself ready, For I will come for my Love with haste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...