Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Prego- that's me!

This is a classic ultrasound profile shot.

I am 14 weeks pregnant! Woo hoo!

Jason and I have been trying to conceive for quite some time. So, when we did it was expecially joyful. Month after month of not wanted results can wear on you. I admit I was a little depressed for a while. But I knew God is still faithful, even if I don't get what I want when I want it. He is longsuffering and gentle and has perfect timing. I don't know that I would have been stretched so much in my faith without this experience.

Our community group had been praying and praying and praying for us for 8 months. Finally one week Lauren ( a girl in our group) said-- Let's pray this for real. So she prayed earnestly and wholeheartedly that I would get pregnant. The group did the same. The next week- I found out I was pregnant. God is so good. :)

I am 14 weeks along and am due in February. This was not my plan. Being a teacher- I wanted to have our first baby in the summer so I wouldn't have to worry about maternity leave and lesson plans. But, God again is so good. I talked to my principal and she was not worried about me being out at all. She said people that have been laid off or moved with their spouse and can't find a job will want to sub long term. Those long term jobs usually help them to get a full time job the next year. I was very relieved. I want someone good to take my spot!

The news is out. Whew. It was hard to hold it in for so long. Jason and I are excited and we are taking this passage to heart.

And he made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their dwelling place, that they should seek God, in hope that they might feel their way toward him and find him. Yet he is actually not far from each one of us, for "In him we move and have our being;" as some of your own poets have said (Paul is speaking to the Athenians in this passage) "For we are indeed his offspring".                                                                                  Acts 17:26-28

We pray that our kid will know Christ. That our child will see God as their perfect heavenly Father. God knows better than we do about the timing of our child's birth and His perfect plan for our child.

4D image with the baby's back to the camera.

3 comments:

  1. Yayyyyy! I am so excited for you! You will be a great mommy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful news! Praise God! We are so excited for you and Jason!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so excited for you!!!! Thanks for sharing your experience on your blog! The pictures of the baby look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...