Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

No Worries

I have gotten several phone calls and texts regarding yesterday's earthquake. Yes, the epicenter was about 30 minutes from Charlottesville in a tiny town called Mineral,VA. Ethan, Jason, and I are fine.

It hit a little before 2 pm. At first, I thought it was just a huge gust of wind shaking our house. I looked outside and saw the trees were not moving. The ground started to make a few groaning noises. I realized I was in an earthquake. I had to think for a minute about what to do. I ran through the natural disaster procedures in my head that I had learned. Tornado- get in the bathtub. Hurricane- get in a basement or the lowest solid part of your house. Earthquake- ??. I never learned that in school. I grew up in Texas where there are no Earthquakes. I thought if things start falling- I surely don't want to be inside. So, I grabbed Ethan out of the high chair and took him outside. All of our neighbors were outside. After realizing we had had an earthquake and everyone was ok, we had a laugh and went back inside.

Jason was in the middle of meeting. They all went outside when they realized what it was. When the shaking stopped, they went back in to finish the meeting.

An aftershock hit at about 8 last night. It was very small, but you could definitely tell it was an earthquake.

All is good on this home front!

Here are a few pics from Ethan and I's day yesterday. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...