Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

My Confession

I confess to you I have never had an abortion. But I'm sure I know someone who has. They are so common nowadays... I'm sure that at least one woman I know has had one.

Yesterday was the 39th anniversary of Roe vs. Wade...bringing abortion back into the spotlight...bringing it back into my spotlight.

I can remember when I first got pregnant. When I found out that there was a little baby inside of me. I was overjoyed. There was no sense of dread. The fatigue and nausea seemed worth it, but it didn't seem real. Not until we had our first ultrasound. Something about seeing Ethan kicking around inside  my belly made us feel like parents for the first time. He had arms, legs, and a little mouth. We saw him and knew he was really in there. That day changed everything for us.

When Ethan was born, he used to put his arms up when he was sleeping... as if to say, "Touchdown!". I looked back at his sonogram pictures and sure enough, I found a familiar one of him doing his "Touchdown" routine inside my belly. He really had a personality in there.




My heart goes out to women who have had an abortion. Thinking that the only way out is to get rid of their child. I know my child has caused me so much happiness and delight. I can't imagine my life without him. I pray that women considering abortion would be brave and have their baby. That they would stand up to whatever is looming over them and take a chance that their child can bring happiness and delight into their lives, no matter the circumstance.

Psalm 127:3-5

Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,
         The fruit of the womb is a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior,
         So are the children of one’s youth.
How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them;
         They will not be ashamed
         When they speak with their enemies in the gate.





1 comment:

  1. I'm with you, girl. I could never do that, and I just can't even imagine my life without these two miracles in it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...