Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Peace

It's raining outside right now. The kind that pitter patters on the roof. The kind that makes you want to curl up under a blanket with a good book until you get so tired you can't keep your eyes open... and you must fall asleep.

After eating lunch, I decided to curl up with a good book.. the book of Psalms from the Bible. And find some peace. Some perspective. Some prayers from my heart. Some hope from my God.

But you are a shield around me, O Lord; you bestow glory on me and lift up my head. To the Lord I cry aloud, and He answers me from His holy hill.


Let the light of your face shine upon us, O Lord. You have filled my heart with greater joy than when their grain and new wine abound. I will lie down and sleep in peace for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.


When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him? 


You hear, O Lord, the desire of the afflicted, you encourage them, and you listen to their cry, defending the fatherless and the oppressed, in order that man, who is of the earth, may terrify no more.


And the words of the Lord are flawless, like silver refined in a furnace of clay, purified seven times.

And my favorite... O Lord, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord. You hem me in- behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.

I find great comfort in the Psalms. They remind me how close God is to me. If I will draw near to Him, He will draw near to me. He's close enough to know every single thing about me. And to still love me. Wow. This knowledge in my head and ultimately me heart... brings me peace.

I love you God my Father.

Here is a little boy and his father playing around. I hope that Ethan sees a reflection of the Psalms' declarations in the love that his Daddy has for him.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...