Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

I Cheated

I cheated on my hairdresser.

She is a wonderful woman, don't get me wrong, but she has become very unpredictable. She had a baby around the same time I had Ethan. And he is the cutest little boy ever. I needed a hair cut when she was out on maternity leave and went to the same salon but to a different hairdresser. Guess who was there? My regular hairdresser! She was visiting with her son. I felt uber weird, but she assured me that she would get me next time. Now, this is where the drama starts. The next time she cut my hair, it was like old times again. The time after that she had reschedule. I understand. I have a kid. Things happen. The next time, she had to reschedule once. Then twice. Then three times for the same appointment. Yikes. I understand needing to reschedule, but that is a new record. I ended up going to the same salon and a different lady that time.

Recently, I decided it was time for a haircut. I debated going back to my sweet friend who has cut my hair for years. I thought about the long drive to the salon, the rescheduling, and the fact that I could try someone or something new. So, I did. I tried a new hairdresser. She was recommended by a friend.

I got my hair cut last night. It was fun. The lady who cut my hair has a son about Ethan's age and we naturally fell into talking about our kids. She was bubbly and cute. I liked her. And the best part is-- her salon is five minutes from my house. Woohoo! I thought my hair looked totally different. But it turns out, after washing and styling it myself, that it looks very much like my old style. Hmm.

I have this fear that I'm going to see my first hairdresser out and about and she is going to call me out on not coming to see her. That is the part where I will have to tell the truth and break her heart a little.

Why is hair such a complicated thing for women?

Jason just goes to the Hair Cuttery and gets whoever is available. $15  and 30 minutes later, he is done. No drama. No loyalties. In and Out.

I hope this new lady works out. I don't think I can handle switching hairdressers for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...