Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

From Oswald

Have you ever thought, what is the point of prayer? I like how Oswald explains it below in context of praying for others...


One of the subtlest burdens God ever puts on us as saints is this burden of discernment concerning other souls. He reveals things in order that we may take the burden of these souls before Him and form the mind of Christ about them, and as we intercede on His line, God says He will give us "life for them that sin not unto death." It is not that we bring God into touch with our minds, but that we rouse ourselves until God is able to convey His mind to us about the one for whom we intercede. -- Oswald Chambers -today's devo from Utmost (see side link)

It is so interesting that God uses prayer to change our hearts and make our minds more like Christ. There is such reward in it. I think not because we do it, but because we become more like Jesus when we do it sincerely. There is nothing better than that!

When I was living in Texas, I went to a prayer group each Saturday morning. I can honestly say I learned more from praying each week than I did in the sermon on Sunday. It was so cool to hear what God was leading my friends to pray for and the passion some of us would have about certain things. I could hear the Holy Spirit working in our hearts. I was changed each week by it. I never wanted to get up early and go, but I was always glad I did. We always closed with this verse from Jude:

24Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

25To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.


How cool is that to recognize God's position over us and to rest in it? Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...