Pages

Friday, May 15, 2009

Have you loved your husband yet today?

Can I just say I love my husband? He is the best fit for me. He is honest, full of integrity, and a person I can trust. He loves me well and is someone I can rest in. Being with him is fun and relaxing at the same time. We fight- yes- but not very often and usually about silly things. I feel so blessed to be married to him.



I get these tips everyday in my email from this lady named Lori. I don't know her personally, but I had a friend tell me that they are great. Lori has this ministry called "The Generous Wife" (see links on the side of my blog) where she just gives ideas on how to love your husband well. Here is today's: List all the reasons you are a better person for knowing your husband and then find a quiet moment in your day to share them with him. and then she adds a quote by someone famous at the bottom of the email. This is today's quote: My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me. Henry Ford

So, being inspired by Lori to be a generous wife I did lots of generous things for my husband this week. I met him at the door with a hug each day when he got home from work. I got him a drink and a snack- and computer use- right away when he got home. I took him out for a special dinner on Wednesday to Outback steakhouse(his choice). I prayed for him. I rubbed his back. I rubbed his legs.

Jason has been encouraged.

I'm not telling you all this to brag about myself, but to say I think it's important to actively love and encourage the people closest to us in our lives. They need to know they are loved in word and deed. Who can you actively love today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...