Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Julie and Julia

I know I am behind but I saw the movie Julie and Julia yesterday. I raced home and popped it in. I wanted to get at least half way through before Jason got home. I knew he didn't want to watch it.

It was good. Meryl Streep did a phenomenal job acting-- as usual. I learned a lot about Julia Child, enough to replace some of those SNL sketches. She couldn't have kids. She was married for 50 years. She married a diplomat and lived in Europe. Her book was about french cooking (sad I didn't even know that).

The Julie character was cute, but very emotional. She kept crying and freaking out. I know she was trying to figure out what to do with her life, but wow. When Jason came home and watched some of it with me. He said, "Why does she cry all the time?". I wish I could answer that.

All in all it was a great movie. Clean-- except for a  few words. Interesting. Heartwarming. Just what I like in a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...