Pages

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Still Alice


I just finished a book entitled Still Alice. It's about a lady named Alice who is diagnosed with Alzheimers at the young age of 50. It's a good read and a quick read. I highly recommend it.

As the title suggests, the book is a journey of Alice's life. She discovers more about herself during her diagnosis and treatment than years of soul searching could get her. She was faced with hard times and difficult situations, but learned who she really was. Stripped down without words or her fancy Harvard diploma and tenure.

I would recommend it. I laughed and cried and felt connected to Alice. It was a refreshing book for me. Alice was relateable. I could see myself in her shoes one day and was doing a little self examining of my own. Would I do it the same way? When would I quit my job? How long would I expect to live at home? Who would fight for me when I couldn't fight for myself? It was a book to help you keep the most important things first in your life. All the other stuff can wait.

If you choose to check this book out, I hope that you enjoy it as much as I did. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...