Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

An Epic Year

Ethan Jay Vandever was born a year ago at 6:08 am. Today, he woke us up at 6:30 am. I wonder if he thinking it was time to celebrate his birthday.

I remember when he was born  I loved him so much. I didn't know what his personality would be like but I loved the idea of him. I loved him because of what I knew he would mean to me. I loved him because he was my son. Now, a year later I love Ethan for the little boy that he has become and because he is my (and Jason's)  son.



He was so sweet as a new little baby. And often asleep.



He still seemed so tiny even though he was almost a 9lb newborn.

Today he is much bigger! 
He has gone through a carseat, a bumbo chair, a jumperoo, and a swing. 
Give this kid something to push around or throw and he is a happy guy. :)





One of my favorite things about Ethan is that he is so daring. You never know what he will try. He sees something he wants and goes for it.  He has recently learned how to climb the door of the dishwasher. Yes, the dishwasher door. And my shoe rack. And random boxes in our house. 

He has some brains to go with his daring side.  He throws spoons inside the dishwasher because he knows that's where they go sometimes. And he will come running when I say the word "snack". But he often forgets what the word "no" might mean. Hmm.   

And of course, he loves playing with a ball. I took him to Toys R Us  to pick out a birthday toy. I took him to the fancy expensive ones and he took off towards a bin full of balls squealing in excitement. So, I bought him 2 new birthday balls. 

I love this kid. He is so fun and unpredictable.

Happy Birthday Little Ethan Boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...