Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines

Jason and I went out for dinner last night. It was our Happy Valentines meal. I love that that was enough. To just spend some time together where we could talk and laugh and know we would not be interrupted.

When Jason and I had been married for about a year, my best friend at the time was getting married. I kept referring to her as "my best friend". Jason would get upset. He told me that I was his best friend and he was hoping that I would consider him my best friend. I didn't get what he meant for a long time.

I get it now. Intimacy in marriage is about having a friendship too. Not just a commitment and a kid and a house. I can honestly say that Jason is my best friend. He doesn't always understand me.... but I like that he tries. I don't always understand him.... but I try.

I should have taken a picture last night. Because since Ethan has come along, I have neglected making sure Jason and I take pictures together as a couple. But here is one of our little family recently. Happy Valentines Day! I hope you are spending it with your best friend. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...