Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

Beautiful

We just got back from the beach. Jason and I have gone to the Outer Banks for 4 years in a row now.

I was so struck by how much has changed in our lives since we started going. Buying a house, being pregnant, having a child, being parents. I am aware of how much we have grown in our walk with our Savior. How much we have been entrusted with. How much I need Jesus and His grace every day.

There was a moment, when I wondered away from Jason and Ethan playing on the beach to take a walk.  The beach was littered with shells from high tide. The sun was setting. I took a walk looking at the shells and then decided to look up. And take the moment in. Beautiful. All I could say was, "Jesus, you are so beautiful. Thank you. " And my heart was renewed. To be a part of something so much bigger than myself, looking at the massive ocean stretching out for endless miles and seeing the sun play orange, pink and purple across the sky for as far as I could see. The feeling of being so small was part of the beauty of the moment. To be hidden in it. To lose myself in it.

The moment was gone when I thought about Jason alone wrestling Ethan. I looked down the beach and saw him literally wrestling our son into a beach towel to wipe off his face. I knew I needed to head back to them.

Not every moment of my life is a sunset, but I know that Jesus is with me in all of them. There is something for me in all of them, if I just listen.

Luke 2:19 But Mary treasured up all these things, pondering them in her heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...