Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

To tell or not to tell?

Jason and I went to small group last night where we are served dinner. I enjoyed my red beans and rice before our bible study and prayer time. We ate at 7pm and Jason and I got home at 10pm.

I hung out with Jason until 10:30 and went upstairs to get ready for bed. I went to brush my teeth and found it.

I had a huge piece of a skin of a bean stuck between my teeth. How awful! Why didn't anyone tell me? It must have become lodged during the 7 o clock hour and it was not found until the 10 o clock hour. I saw many people during this time-- including my husband. Why the silence?

I didn't even pick up anyone doing the nonverbal cleaning of their teeth repeatedly as a sign that they are looking at someone with something stuck in their teeth.

I understand. Sometimes I feel weird telling people if they have something in their teeth. It's easier just to ignore it.

I am changing my ways now. If I see anyone with something in their teeth I will tell them. It's better to be embarrassed knowingly for 30 seconds than to walk around being unknowingly embarrassed for hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...