Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

It's a girl!

We have officially found out that we are having a girl! I am so happy about that! I didn't think that would be the case... but it is. Before we knew people kept asking me what I would rather have as far as gender and I honestly thought I would be happy either way. I have 2 older brothers who are super close, so I thought that could be a fun dynamic in our family. I honestly thought it would be a boy. I was shocked when we found out it was a girl... but girl she is!

Here are a few pics of her:



I won't put the one of her womanly area showing she's a girl. We need to keep it modest here. :)

I know being a mom to girl will be different. It will be entirely different to teach her things... at least when she's older. What makes her special? What is beauty? How does she recognize love in its true form? Is she lovely and worthy of love? It's a great responsibility. I am hopeful that I will do a good job. Jesus has entrusted her to us and I know He will see us through this season.

In other news, Ethan continues to be a boy. Who is obcessed with basketball. We went to the store yesterday and he saw a shirt with a basketball on it. He literally started climbing out of the cart to get it. I brought the shirt to him to show him and he took the shirt that he was currently wearing off so he could put the basketball shirt on. All while excitedly yelling, "Shoot! Ball! Throw!". This kid. 

He has started to take all of his clothes off before he lets us know he is awake in the morning. We wonder, when did these clothes come off? In the middle of the night? Before you went to bed? When you woke up? We found that the onesie pajamas with the zipper and slippers are the easiest for him to remove. 

Jason has taken to playing the banjo again. He is out of practice-- being that he never had time to practice-- and is getting better again. Ethan likes to play too and strums the banjo with Jason's thumb pick on his pointer finger. He doesn't quite understand how that works yet. 

I am getting bigger. Baby girl is starting to gain weight and is kicking a lot. I think I pulled a groin muscle because it hurts pretty much when I walk and especially when I try to climb stairs. I'm wondering if carrying Ethan has anything to do with this. 

Here is a recent pic of the fam. Enjoy.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...